PDA

View Full Version : add blendshapes to existing ones after setup

Frenzied
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi guys,
I read through many of the blendshape/weighting threads but, maybe I was too blind because of smashing my head against the walls.
So my problem is:
I modeled my character, created blendshapes for him(head; not extracted, I simply painted the rest of him black), painted the weights and afterwards rigged him very basic for some minor movements, mainly for the head, which worked out good. But now I need to add a blendshape. If I select my target and hit add, this will work fine, but in my blendshape editor it will create a new row.When I try to paint weights, in the tool options there will only the last and new created blendshape be available. How can I add a new blendshape without losing the possibility to paint the weights of the old ones?

thanks

nilslerin
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi.

You shouldn't lose the option to paint weights for you previous blendshapes, that's all I can say. Try with a new and simpler scene and nail down the error.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.