PDA

View Full Version : How can I fix this??

Giap
01-15-2007, 05:05 AM
I was painting by Painter IX.5 and this glitch happened to me. Sometime when I was drawing or painting, there was a strange line appeared and you can see that in my sketch. It's really bothering me. I need your help to fix this. Moreover, it's not wacom intous3 fault because it works fine in PS.

Jinbrown
01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi,

Are you painting on Layers, on the Canvas, or on both?

What brush variant was used to draw the line around the figure (exact name of the brush category and exact name of the brush variant)?

Where was the line drawn, on the Canvas or on a Layer?

If on a Layer, what Composite Method?

It would help a lot if you could list the Layers in your image, the same way you see them in the Layers palette, along with the Composite Method for each Layer in the list, what's on each Layer, if the Canvas is solid color, the RGB numbers, or if the Canvas has painting on it, tell us what part of the image is painted on the Canvas.

For example, the list of Canvas and all Layers:

Layer 4 - R:163 B:160 B:159 figure sketch - Composite Method: Magic Combine
Layer 3 - highlights on figure - Composite Method Default with Layer Opacity at 40%
Layer 2 - figure and brush strokes for object at figures right hand - Composite Method: Default
Layer 1 - brush strokes to indicate moonlight - Composite Method: Default with Layer Opacity at 56%
Canvas - filled with R:53 G:47 B:31

Doing a quick mock-up of what your image appears to contain, on Layer 4, I used the Pencils' 2B Pencil variant and R:163 B:160 B:159 to draw a stick figure, and found that any of the following Composite Methods made the stick figure drawing light instead of the original color:

Reverse Out
Magic Combine
Screen
Lighten
Luminosity

Is it possible you drew the figure sketch (outlines) on a Layer above the rest of the image and inadvertently changed the figure sketch Layer to one of the above Composite Methods?

Giap
01-16-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm sorry because of my unclear picture. Now I post it again and circle the glitch usually happens to me on my sketch. Furthermore, I was drawing on the canvas also on layers and this problem appeared on most of brushes I usually use such as digital airbrush, Pen (Scratchboard tool), Sharp Chalk and so on. I regconize that happens usually when I touch my pen (wacom) on the surface 3 or 4 times too fast. Moreover, all the layers are at default and opacity is at 100%. I hope this information could help you find out what happend.

Jinbrown
01-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Hi,

Sorry, it's probably my monitor but I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the circled areas of your image.

I guess someone else will have to help, who can see what you're trying to show us.

I'm out of ideas without seeing the problem and might be even if I could see it.

Good luck!

Mu
01-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Giap,

I can see the lines, but I am having hard time trying to think of a reason for them.

Maybe you could identify the brushes that make those lines and probably post them so someone else could try and reproduce those glitches on their system?

:shrug:

Giap
01-16-2007, 11:50 PM
How couldn't you see those line?? :sad: Now I post another simple line and I hope you can see that again at again. I was learning "Introduction to Painter - Ryan Church" and I picked the same brush that he used in the DVD. Every setting is at default. The brush I was using is "Pen - Scratchboard Tool" and this time I was drawing on layer. I've drawn from the botom to the top, then I take the wacom pen off the tablet and that line appeared by the way :shrug:

I have no idea and if that doesn't happen to your PC and think my PC had problem.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/sil_tctb/future-city.jpg

Jinbrown
01-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi,

Monitors don't all display the same way, which I believe answers your question: "How couldn't you see those line??"

I can see the line in your most recent image.

It occurs to me that might be caused by your tablet settings being too sensitive. In other words, unless you lift your stylus high enough above the tablet once the line you intended to draw is ended, when you move your stylus, it continues to draw.

That's the only thing I can think of and you'll either need to find the right tablet setting to adjust on your own or hopefully someone can walk you through making the appropriate adjustment. (That is, if you're using a tablet.)

Hope this helps!

Giap
01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I think I should buy Painter IX.5 than use trial version :D too much errors. Photoshop is working ok to me now but I can't rotate the canvas.

Anyway, thank you for your attention.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.