PDA

View Full Version : UNC (windows) paths not working in shake anymore

ndeboar
01-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey,

For some reason, UNC paths arn't working in Shake any more. For example, I used to link everything by:
//server/folder/file.shk

But there not working any more! So ive got to relink all my files in all my projects,verry anoying!

So what used to be:
//Rocketserver/Projects/Oasis3D/Projects/AQIS/Reference/AA045219.jpg
is now
//Rocket squad\xd5s power mac g5/Volumes/Projects/Oasis3D/Projects/AQIS/Reference/703-37_d.jpg

Any ideas?

BTW: If there are any linux shake users out there, how do I get UNC paths to work in Linux (running Fedora C6)?

Cheers,

Nick Deboar
Oasis post

alexx
01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
did you delete some share?

cheers

alexx

yann22
02-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Had the same thing happen after changing the username in OSX. "xd5s" is code for some placeholder, link, share or whatever - better ask a real programmer though :scream:.

As for a pratical solution to the problem: the easiest way is to use a program that can search and replace code in files like UltraEdit, BACK UP you scripts folder first, then point it to the folder containing the scripts and replace the differing parts in the old path with the new path. Takes about a minute and works fine for me.

Cheers

-Vormav-
02-14-2007, 09:56 PM
EDIT: nm, misread... :hmm:

Hugh
02-14-2007, 11:08 PM
There is a setting somewhere in Shake that will stop UNC paths from being resolved...

in your ~/nreal/include/startup folder create a "noUncFileNames.h" file, and put in it:

script.uncFileNames = 0;

If you're running Shake 4, you can find this on page 372 of the manual (part of chapter 14, which is all about customising Shake)

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2007, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.