PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Lights.

intrikit
01-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey guys,

im building an environment with glowing lights with xsi 5.11. now i need some suggestions on how to tackle this. i want lights that resemble the lights in this screenshot:

http://www.blugu.de/uploads/unreal-tournament-2007-screenshots-20051213025120459.jpg

i was thinking of using the Glow but i was told that doing it in post is a better idea. i've tried using glow but it doesn't work too well in different angles. if you guys have some suggestions on how to use glow and make it look like the pic above, that would be great. if you guys have any other specific suggestions on how i can tackle this, that would be great as well.

thanks in advance!

terencemace
01-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I think the Glow effect in After Effects would do exactly that effect very well.

tarkovsky
01-15-2007, 10:13 AM
The pink light seems to have very both very direct and subtle effects in the scene. Are you going to use FG? If so, you can try with a contant material. If not, do it in post and use coloured point lights in the scene for light contribution.
Ctrl.studio makes a geolight plugin you might want to have a look at.

tark

intrikit
01-17-2007, 01:58 AM
hey thanks for the responses guys. i will not be using FG, but i may consider it. i will probably be using after effects but i'll have a look at control studio like you suggested, tar. if you guys have anything else to add or elaborate on, then please spill!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2007, 01:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.