PDA

View Full Version : Path Deformer Woes

robcrumb
01-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Isn't it time for Maxon to acquire Path Deformer?
They are way behind with the upgrades. Not that I fault
Tarabello. He did a fantastic job making this legendary filter
that I can only hear about, but can't use.

LucentDreams
01-14-2007, 10:53 AM
maxon has their own its in mograph.

Simon Wicker
01-14-2007, 11:45 AM
the mograph version of path deformer lacks a readout of the spline length though - in path deformer you can use this to create perfect deformations as you always know just how big to make your poly model to fit the deforming spline.

cheers, simon w.

LucentDreams
01-14-2007, 03:54 PM
well its like 3 seconds to add expresso node, drop spline into in add a spline node with out put length and then a result node.

mikeh64
01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
why can't you use pathdeformer?

renato's site says PD 1.47 is R10 and UB ready - I am using PD in R10

Per-Anders
01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
the mograph version of path deformer lacks a readout of the spline length though - in path deformer you can use this to create perfect deformations as you always know just how big to make your poly model to fit the deforming spline.

cheers, simon w.

But in Mograph it'll fit automatically to the length of the spline (unless you choose to maintain the original models size along the spline by using "Keep Length"), so you don't need to know the length of your spline (though you can also find out the length just by selecting it and in the am choosing the "Info Manager" or going to Window->Selection/Structure info).

Simon Wicker
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
it is more a courtesy thing - path deformer knows that it is useful to supply this information and it keeps it close to hand.

mograph assumes that you know other ways of finding this out.

i never even knew the structure manager told you the spline length so at least i have learned something new!

cheers, simon w.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.