PDA

View Full Version : Need help on decision on a system

TranquilBoy
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi,
I'm planning on buying me a new desktop pc for home,
and I'm currently puzzled which system I should get, since I have absolutely no idea which cpu or graphic card is better.(it's a prebuild consumer pc)
My options are a pc with AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ with a ATI Radeon X1650
or a Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 with a NV 7600GS.
The other specs and the price tag are roughly the same.
I have no idea which box is better for cg, I hope somebody can help.
Thanks

gorosh
01-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Of those two, Intel based system (E6400) would be better choice. However, I'd recommend custom built system over pre-configured one. You'll be able to get computer with better components, more suited to your needs, and at lower price (or better components for same price). If you're concerned about assembling PC, most shops will assemble them for you, for free, or for very little fee. There's no difference between pre-configured rig, and one you configure yourself, except that you get cheaper and better rig if you take custom route.

If you're concerned about choice of components, take a look at this forum - in last two eeks there were many threads similar to yours, with detialed explanations and suggestions.

TranquilBoy
01-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the answer : )
I guess I'll search through the posts abit before ordering it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2007, 11:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.