PDA

View Full Version : A Noob's question (beginner)

taniluix
01-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone... Basically, I was really new to any of this things about matte painting, 3d modelling and compositing... can I ask for an advice from pro like you? Basically I dont know where to start when it comes to Matte Painting... Thanks....

JJASSO
01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi taniluix welcome to this forums, and yes that's why these kind of plces exist , to help everyone around

well to start in this technique I suggest first
by some books the best around are
the Invisible art " Mark Cotta Vaz and Craig Barron" it is about the matte painitng from the ancient time almost 100 years ago to the digital age, those guys really know what they are talking about
D'Artist matte painting book from Ballistic Publishing
this one is a must have also, you will know some basic techniques with ilustrated tutorials and you will meet some of the best artist around
learn some traditional skills, like drawing, painting, perspective, photography
always practice , daily practice will increase you knowledge on the software and of course will make you a better artist
see other matte painters work , get inspiration from them , try to analize each painting you see and you will discover the techniques from your own
anything else just ask

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.