PDA

View Full Version : 45min Spider-man

hawk
02-20-2003, 04:09 AM
It took me 45 minutes to color this (300 dpi), I think it came out pretty well. I wasn't planning it to be perfect, just wanted to see how fast i could color it. A personal test i guess.

oh yeah this was done in photoshop.

http://wam.umd.edu/~mfhaque/images/spidey.jpg

chrisdejoya
02-20-2003, 05:06 AM
very crisp! may i ask in what order you laid down the colors?

hawk
02-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Thanks.

I started off with a light red and blue. Each time i add another color on top, i take the previous color and make it darker. for the highlight i just used the airbrush and layer set to screen.

king of tartine
02-20-2003, 07:03 PM
very good:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

dmcgrath
02-20-2003, 07:45 PM
Coming from Hawk, I will only rate this one pretty good. But you did only spend 45 min. on it. My only crit is that you washed out the highlights on a suit that isn't very glossy. And your major light source is coming from the left, but the shadow is almost directly underneath him.

Didn't mean to tear it apart, sorry. :)

JackaL(px)
02-22-2003, 09:50 PM
hawk, i love that style you do with photoshop and really want to know how? how do you do things like that with photoshop (excuse the n00b but i am eager to learn!) :bounce:

Can anyone direct me to some tutorials?

Chickenboy
02-23-2003, 02:40 AM
That is fantastic. You always do great work. To me, this seems like it is a little different from your normal style (which seems heavily anime influenced) and seems more like how Spidey would look in an American comic book. Same with the Daredevil piece you also posted. Well, whichever style you're going with, you always do amazing work. Great job.

aenema
02-23-2003, 12:35 PM
i love the touch of style u added in, awesome for 45 minutes... i wish i could draw like that :)

mattie
02-24-2003, 08:14 AM
in 45 min this is a amazing work :thumbsup:

i saw your daredevil to, awesome!
the greatest things about your works is the anatomy i think. How do you do that? :p
any good tutorials? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.