PDA

View Full Version : vray problems

yuriythebest
01-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I have max 9 + vray 1.5, I'm unable to get some of the functionality, for instance the vray physical camera? where is it? In the create cameras tab there is only free & target and the category is only 'standard', no more, also I'm trying to do this tutorial in vray:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R1/t ... s_anim.htm (http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R1/tutorials_anim.htm)

that tutorial makes use of the VRayCompTex map, I've downloaded it but saw it was already in my vray plugins folder, however it's nowhere to be seen, neither in the new maps nor new materials selection. And with my limited knowledge of vray I'm sure there are plenty more things missing, that are in my vrayplugins folder. how do I turn em on?

Edit: yup, just as I suspected, after examining the vrayplugins folder I found many things like vray fur, SSS, toon, etc that do not show up in the max maps/materials.

darthviper107
01-13-2007, 10:52 PM
They aren't loading then, When I first installed Vray it loaded them up fine but after a while it stopped loading those plugins automatically. You can manually load them up yourself by opening the plugin manager.

yuriythebest
01-14-2007, 11:12 AM
They aren't loading then, When I first installed Vray it loaded them up fine but after a while it stopped loading those plugins automatically. You can manually load them up yourself by opening the plugin manager.

yay it works! thanks mate. Is there any way to load them all automatically using a script of some sort?

darthviper107
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't know, you could probably make one but I wouldn't know how to do it since I haven't done very much Maxscript at all. I tried switching them to different folders because they are in a Vray folder in the Plugins directory so I tried switching them around because they have to be loaded up after the main Vray plugin but I couldn't find the right place, perhaps there is a solution on the chaosgroup forums?

yuriythebest
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't know, you could probably make one but I wouldn't know how to do it since I haven't done very much Maxscript at all. I tried switching them to different folders because they are in a Vray folder in the Plugins directory so I tried switching them around because they have to be loaded up after the main Vray plugin but I couldn't find the right place, perhaps there is a solution on the chaosgroup forums?

I did try asking it there, however there forums seems to be really glitchy- keeps giving me invalid session errors, I can't access my post.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.