PDA

View Full Version : procedural problem

KillMe
02-20-2003, 04:08 AM
ok got an annoying problem i have me a submarine typhoon class pain in the ass to model the tail section nicely but never mind for the basic hull surface i'm trying to get a caustic effects but using the diffuse channel of teh surface but the damn proecuralis moving with the sub i tried the world cords button hoping that would make teh proceural locks onto the world not the object but doesn't seem to be working either is there a way to do this?

shade
02-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Umm, I'm not really sure what you are meaning, but if I'm thinking this correct, I would try adjusting lightning. I mean, make a spot light, add a nice projection image which simulates the caustic effect and voilá? Of course you might want to play with volum. light settings also. Propably you can achieve similar result with textures, but I don't know how and that's why I would turn my head to lights.

MrWyatt
02-20-2003, 10:09 AM
create a null object in your scene and use it as a reference object for the procedual

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.