PDA

View Full Version : Brush settings

Xdreamer79
01-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi guys

Another post from me, sorry :( But I have a problem with my brushes in photoshop which is annoying. Everytime I paint, for example, with the chalk brush with "other dynamics" (pen pressure) and smoothing "on" and I switch to another brush I have to reset those settings. It is mostly "Shape dynamics" checked and I have to uncheck. Is there a possibility to set the settings as "my" defaults?

Thanks a lot.

rsentgerath
01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I am just a short-time photoshop user but I think I know the answer. Each brush has its own custom brush preset setting it remembers during a painting session or even after a session. Therefore if you switch to another brush settings you liked for smoothing or other dynamics might get changed. If you want to carry over a setup such as pen pressure for oppacity then you need to lock that particular brush setting tab by clicking on the lock icon. This will ensure that when you switch brushes that settings in that category will not change. Hope this makes sense and helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.