PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors

SoLiTuDe
01-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Is there any way to make the windows floating so I can drag the tools view over to my second monitor while keeping the rest on the left monitor as is?

Tagger
01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
window > new view

SoLiTuDe
01-13-2007, 06:32 PM
i knew about that, but I meant the tab on the right of fusion where you actually edit all of your tool parameters. like if you have a blur tool, where you edit the blur size and blend.

PieterVH
01-15-2007, 08:15 AM
window > new window

:)

SoLiTuDe
01-16-2007, 05:12 AM
lol... still can't figure it out how to get the controls tab to show in that window... guess i'll have to try harder then to figure it out.

:banghead:

Maybe it's a problem on this computer -- according to the quick ref CTRL+K is supposed to display the controls in that view (i think) and it does nothing for me... I'm new to fusion, so I don't know how that's supposed to work, but the button that says "display controls" doesn't seem to do anything either.

PieterVH
01-16-2007, 11:30 AM
lol... still can't figure it out how to get the controls tab to show in that window... guess i'll have to try harder then to figure it out.

:banghead:

Maybe it's a problem on this computer -- according to the quick ref CTRL+K is supposed to display the controls in that view (i think) and it does nothing for me... I'm new to fusion, so I don't know how that's supposed to work, but the button that says "display controls" doesn't seem to do anything either.

No, the two aren't related really. CTRL+K is used for the controls in your preview window (like the handles on a Transform node, where you'll see one for the center, axis, rotation, size etc... ). The controls TAB is that window you're trying to move to that other monitor.

Follow these steps:

- Create a new comp (CTRL+N)

In the title bar you'll now see something like [Composition1].

- Go to the Window menu and select New Window.

It will look like you've opened a new comp but in fact you haven't. You can tell by the title bar that now reads [Composition1:1]. So in fact you've just created an entire exactly the same new interface for the same comp! So now you can rearrange the windows as you would like, even have two control tabs at your disposal, or get rid of one of them. Your choice.

Hope that sorts you out...

SoLiTuDe
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM
lol thanks a ton! I've been selecting new view the whole time, never saw new window.

:banghead: --not usually this stupid :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.