PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Line Quality

Michael5188
01-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Is it possible to draw with the pencil in PS and not get a pixelated line? And if not, is there a method in PS to smooth out a pixelated line? I'm thinking some sort of anti-aliasing, but the only anti-aliasing I can find in photoshop help refers to type layers, for font. The effect it shows in that example is the exact effect I would like though. I'm having a lot of trouble getting a clean, non-pixelated line, using either the wacom or a mouse.

worx
01-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Instead of using the pencil tool, try using the pen (found in the same place in the toolbox). The pen tool gives you varying degrees of anti-aliasing or smoothness, depending on which brush and/or setting you use.

Kwe
01-13-2007, 04:43 AM
i was going to make a new thread but i'm having a similar problem that i can't figure out. a couple of days ago i was able to draw a line with my wacom that started very narrow and gained width as i drew the line but now the start of the line is the same width throughout the line. here's an example...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Geijutsuka/crap.jpg

the top line is what i was able to draw before, but now all i can draw is the bottom line (no pun intended) wether i use a pencil tool or a brush tool. sorry to post my problem in here, Michael but it sounds like we're having similar problems so i didn't feel like making a new thread.

worx
01-13-2007, 05:08 AM
Kwe, your problem sounds different than the original issue. Yours appears to be associatted with your Wacom pressure settings. You might want to check those and see if you can affect your problem by changing those settings. How they got out of whack, I have no idea. But it happens.

Datameister
01-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Make sure you use the Brush tool (hotkey B), not the Pencil tool, Michael. And remember that you'll get the smoothest lines by generating strokes quickly and from the arm.

Kwe, try reinstalling the latest drivers from Wacom's website. Occasionally, the tablet drivers spaz out and begin ignoring pressure sensitivity.

Xdreamer79
01-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Kwe, try reinstalling the latest drivers from Wacom's website. Occasionally, the tablet drivers spaz out and begin ignoring pressure sensitivity.

Yes did that yesterday with my drivers and pen pressure works very well in photoshop now :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2007, 07:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.