PDA

View Full Version : Bodypaint>Mudbox

martinsdesign
01-13-2007, 01:23 AM
In particular, modeled in Lightwave 9, Plug-in transfer to BP...then what?

BP/C4D doesn't, as far as I can see, offer an .obj export.

MB feels AWESOME!!! but I am coming to my whit's end trying to get it to work. I have almost completely given up on going from LW, thus BP...which I wanted anyways (C4D was free bonus from Maxon?!?...nice surprise for me : )

Help.

If you take your time and write something that solves my problem, I will be your modeling/texturing biznitch for a week. I think that is fair. Give me two weeks to warm up to BP if you want textures is all I ask.

Help us Obi Wan, you're our only hope.

edit: if you know how to make going back to LW 9 from BP not cause my textures to tile as well, that would be cool too.

Martin

ThirdEye
01-13-2007, 01:52 AM
BP/C4D doesn't, as far as I can see, offer an .obj export.

It does. Export > wavefront

Per-Anders
01-13-2007, 02:02 AM
If you used the bridge then you just use "File->Send Scene Back" in Bodypaint, you don't need to export the result (unless you've been modifying the geometry in Bodypaint that is).

LucentDreams
01-13-2007, 09:10 AM
download the riptide plugin http://skinprops.com/riptide.php for importing and exporting obj's to and from Zbrush and muxbox. Point order is very important and cinema's wavefront exporter and importaer don't care about point order at all. Use the riptide plugin.

martinsdesign
01-13-2007, 03:01 PM
OK...

Mr. Thirdeye, thank you...duh on me. I will try the plugin mentioned later though as well.

Mr. Per-Anders, thank you as well. There is a little vocabulary clear up and I think I know the answer, but it opens up other questions for me.

By hub, you do not mean the Lightwave hub, you mean the LW<>BP exchange plugins? I found the export back to scene button.

When I go back to lightwave the texture is projected in a planar fashion with a fair bit of tiling, as well as there is no UV maps to be seen. So I guess my over all problem when going from BP back to lightwave is disappearing UVs and some sort of scaling issue.

I have scoured forums on this matter and have found mention of work arounds but no actual procedure or concept.

Mr. Lucentdreams, Thank you, I dl'd them and will try them later today. Would you believe I am feeling like I need to step away from the computer for a bit.

Thanks to all again

I would like to think that I am smarter than the average bear but this mess is making me feel...not. I need to go smack Boo boo around.

martinsdesign
02-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Is there a workaround, guide or update to get the LW9>BP3 bridge/plugin to work.

I can send the model to BP, along with whatever (yucky) UVs I might have. Assigning the UV in the surface editor under a texture layer (with or without a texture) seems to be a necessary workaround to get the UVs to BP.

So lets say I redo the UVs in BP, now they are non-yucky. I also doodle on a color channel.

When I hit the "send scene back to original application" button it seems to work, emptying the viewport in BP.

In LW, the texture will appear on the object but the original UV is unchanged and there is no new UV either.

OR...shocker...

Upon hitting the "send scene..." button, LW crashes.

Exporting/importing .obj/riptide is an option but I would lose my weight maps.

I also cannot find the transfer plugins to Download off of the Maxon sight. The ones I have are only about a month old, but I want to cover all of the bases and make sure I have the right ones.

Thanks alot...slowly but surely, I will get there...

martinsdesign
03-22-2007, 09:49 PM
UV issue stil an issue

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17544

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2007, 09:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.