PDA

View Full Version : Need Rigging resource

pete
02-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Hi there everyone,

We've been getting into the rigging thang here at work and I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good rigging resource (books DVDs n stuff you know).

I heard Jason schleifer had some good DVDs or somthing? are they any good?

Thanks - petey

goosh
02-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Yeah yeah yeah..

Jason's stuff rules!!

The Inspired 3D Character Setup Book is also pretty cool.. a little bit pricey, but nice..

Then any of the two MEL books are also a good buy if you are going to do a lot of TD.. you have to know MEL

Goosh

AWAKE
02-20-2003, 03:42 AM
Gather the cash and get the schliefer DVDs. for real.

The dopest ghost in town.

pete
02-20-2003, 03:48 AM
Excellent, thanks mate.. Goosh's stuff has been pretty helpfull too.

I'm one of the few at my work, trying to throw out biped and we're starting to use a bit of Maya now so we've gotta get more used to bonesey stuff...

Those DVDs sound pretty good though...

sp0rk3d
02-21-2003, 06:06 PM
i have yet to see the imfamous Jason DVD's but everyone says that they are awsome....
also check out this site....

www.hippydrome.com

very useful princilpals for rigging in any software.... doesn't get into details of hypergraph or connection editor but... getting a good starting point....

such an advantage to start from a good place than make try to force something to work....

darkxsi
02-23-2003, 09:29 PM
:eek: Hi i have two book of Character Rigging , one Character Rigging and Animation "Alias Wavefront" and Ispired Character Setup " this book are very good and this lessons are intuiteve and fast.

this is a good optios for learn character setup
:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.