PDA

View Full Version : Modo and Geforce..4200ti

Ngon
01-12-2007, 02:44 PM
i know this has been discusses here, and i even read a thread on modo and diver, i just couldnt locate the solution to Geforce 4200ti cards, is there any?
since as soon as i launch modo, it says an error has occured(send report thingy)...so is this the card problem or some other?
or i have to switch the card? if so which one?
i have 1 gig ram, 2.4 ghz processor...
thanks!

Phil Lawson
01-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Have you installed the lastest video driver from www.nvidia.com ?

Ngon
01-13-2007, 06:39 PM
wow!!...Thanks alot ..i saved a few bucks i guess...is there something i can do to test that modo wont do any other problems due to my old hardware? , since i dont know much on modo yet, i dont want any interuptions while i am learning, so i need to make sure that if my card can support it to some level, while i work. Or should i switch to some other card.

Thanks once again!!...

Phil Lawson
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I havent tested with that card, so I cannot be 100% sure, as you might not be able to activate the advanced opengl features.

These are used to display normal maps and used extensively while painting in opengl.

You'll see a little tab in your viewport - it might say Texture or even Wireframe currently - if you click this and Advanced Open GL is grayed out, you wont have this feature using that card.

Cheers.

Ngon
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
yup thats grayed out...do u have a suggestion to updgrade to which card? keeping in considertation the processor and something tht will allow me to use the Adv openGL, its an AGP 8X slot that i have. Something better that 4200ti but fits the current hardware.

thanks!

vonLein
01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Add 1gb ram (~$100) and a 6600gt agp (~$100 - link (http://www.pricewatch.com/video_cards/geforce_6600_gt_agp_256mb.htm) ) and watch your computer fly :) That card is second tier two generations ahead of yours, one gen behind current top. Should be pretty good bang for the buck.

I have 2gb ram, similar processor speed and a 6800 ultra, no problems in 3d. Ram probably isn't required, but it makes a big difference to me and I refuse to run without at least 1.5gb.

Steve McRae
01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
That is interesting. I have an asus ti4200 here and it does launch with modo.

Ngon
01-26-2007, 05:45 PM
That is interesting. I have an asus ti4200 here and it does launch with modo.

yes since i updated my driver from nivida, it works fine now..the only thing is the openGL, option disabled for the paint thingy

brenly
02-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I have 2gb ram, similar processor speed and a 6800 ultra, no problems in 3d.
I have a similar set up .. I have the 6800xt .. runs nicely. Altho I have noticed a few update problems to do with materials and painting. I was wondering if the ATI cards are supported better, the reason I ask this is because Ive seen ATI advertise on the Luxology site ..

Phil Lawson
02-15-2007, 08:18 AM
To be honest, both cards work about the same. ATi sponsored an event, which is why they're brand is advertised on the site - I'm sure if nvidia provided some funds for it, they would have got the same treatment.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2007, 08:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.