PDA

View Full Version : Paintin wieghts

dsepshn
02-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Is there a way to paint weights on a low res model then export the weights...smooth....import with no probs? I have rebuilt the UV's to export the maps...and it doesn't export properly... I have use automatic mapping...it works, but if I smooth the model it becomes a mess. Any suggestions?
Thanx
Wes

Octagon
02-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by dsepshn
Is there a way to paint weights on a low res model then export the weights...smooth....import with no probs? I have rebuilt the UV's to export the maps...and it doesn't export properly... I have use automatic mapping...it works, but if I smooth the model it becomes a mess. Any suggestions?
Thanx
Wes

try the saveWeights script from highend3d.

although i don't understand why i wouldnt work. afair, all attribute maps in maya work by storing values on uv locations which is why non-overlapping uvs are necessary. your smoothed version of you geom should work just fine provided the uvs are still okay (they should be).

matthias

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.