PDA

View Full Version : <Cricket> <Cricket>

Wegg
02-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Where the crap did everyone go!?!

Roger Eberhart
02-19-2003, 11:25 PM
My Linux post is to blame. Hehe.

In other news...... Jeff Lew is coming out with an animation training dvd. Yay! This was probably mentioned on the AM list, but since I stopped subscribing to that months ago, it's news to me.

While I'm rambling....shouldn't it be <chirp> <chirp> not <cricket> <cricket>? Unless it's Jiminy Cricket, in which case he can say what he damn well pleases. Ummm...yeah.

Toodles.

Nonproductive
02-19-2003, 11:32 PM
The North East is still shoveling out ;)

Wegg
02-19-2003, 11:33 PM
One of the guys that works for me said "cricket cricket" once during a lull in our conversation. I laughed my butt off. . . Its just such a dumb. . . funny . . .

Never mind.;)

Natess44
02-20-2003, 12:22 AM
I think eveyone is either playing with the new A:M or just ran out of time.

dfaris
02-20-2003, 01:32 AM
Well Wegg I think since most of the bashing has been worked out for the time being people are waiting to see what HAsh does.

koon69
02-20-2003, 01:37 AM
I think people are playing with 10 and 10.5 If hash drops the ball - the cricket sound will be replaced with a bunch of s@$t hitting the fan. Let the fun begin!

Nonproductive
02-20-2003, 02:07 AM
If you people are playing with v10 I hope you are reporting bugs! I've had v10 for 2 days and already reported 3 crash to desktop bugs in the scant 2 or 3 hours I've had to use it.

Get crackin! More reportin' = better App!

:)

My Fault
02-20-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Wegg
Where the crap did everyone go!?!

I guess, according to you at least, I'm tinkering with my Chevy :p

gra4mac
02-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Unfortunatly, I think now that hte steam has vented, appathy is setting in. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this before. I'm not on the Hash list, but I expect it's businass as ussual over there. It takes effor to swim upstream, rather than go with the flow. If we want the forum to flourish, we have to work at it.

Cheers, Graham

My Fault
02-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Hopefully that's not the case. I know a lot of people are working behind the scenes with Hash on some of the issues that have been brought up and let's face it, these things take time.

I hear Wegg has bought a cattle prod and will use it if we all get too quiet :thumbsup:

Nonproductive
02-20-2003, 05:33 PM
I do agree that a lot of the moementum here initially was due to the anger. However, even though I have other apps to use - I was given the freebie to v10 and I intend to beat the snot out of it in an effort to make 10.5 or 11 better as my "payment." Hopefully, others are doing the same.

Still, it would be good to keep some positive force here - maybe some mini-tut's or sample animations or something? A:M's strength is the animation tools and workflow - maybe something focusing on those?

I've never taken the time to *really* get to know A:M...which is something I am doing now with v10. I've put my other 3D tools aside for now and going into A:M "cold" and finding a lot of little crash bugs to report to Steve. I figure I'm going to do everything *wrong* and try to break it as much as possible.

If I come across anything interesting or not covered in the docs I'll throw it up here. I won't rejoin the mailing list at this point - so if this forum goes away I'm screwed ;)

gra4mac
02-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Nonproductive
If I come across anything interesting or not covered in the docs I'll throw it up here. ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing about anything interesting you might find, but I don't know if "throw up" is the best term to use. :drool: I have 2 kids, and I've seen enough.

Cheers, Graham

d4rk
02-20-2003, 05:52 PM
I just unsubscribed from the list the other day. It is just business as usual over there. I think most of them are unaware anything happened at all over here on CGTALK. I was thinking about posting some links so they could read for themselves but then I though "why bother". No need to upset their perfectly enclosed and self-contained ecosystem, it seems to work fine for most of them (being in the dark that is).

Hookflash
02-21-2003, 12:39 AM
I think, now that the Hash bashing has died down (everyone is either getting their free 10.0 upgrade, or moving on to other software), there's not much to talk about.

EnergyMan
02-21-2003, 03:37 AM
I'm "lurkin" mostly, since I don't have a lot of time for 3d these days. :shrug:

Dearmad
02-21-2003, 04:10 AM
Yeah, I'm in the throes of graduating and then getting BACK into school for Graduate work... not a ton of time this term for CG- but every break I get, I fire it back up full steam. I wouldn't worry about this forum too much, I think it's taken and has some life.

We just need some chatty people with "no lives" to post WIP's and stuff... ;)

Stychentyme
02-21-2003, 04:24 AM
"Originally posted by Wegg
Where the crap did everyone go!?!"

I think people are just having some down time,.... things'll pick up.

I've recently unsubscribed from the list as well. With all the usual people gone from there, it just isn't the same. Mostly newcomers discussing things over there.

Here, I'm still workin' with 9.51e,.... I got denied for the free upgrade. Oh, well.

Natess44
02-21-2003, 05:23 AM
Yea you have a point there. I'm a guru compared to most that post frequently :) (there are still alot of people on the list that know A:M inside and out but they hardly ever post or reply)and I've only has A:M for a year!

zandoria
02-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Over on the business as usual list:rolleyes: we've posting tips for easy ways to paint "Delta maps" for controlling the normal delta on hair particles.

last week someone posted a "paint tube" for Paint Shop Pro that did it. I posted a work around for painting it in PhotoShop, and Colin Freeman is working on a custom application for painting the hair maps.

If you aren't on the Animaster list, there is a searchable list archive where you can find those posts...
http://venice.killernuts.org/animaster/

John Keates
02-21-2003, 06:43 PM
It would be a pity if this list died. I am on the mailing list also but there is potential here for some kind of organised bug report system and honest views on how AM can be improved. I think that we have had a certain amount of success here and there is room for more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.