PDA

View Full Version : MangaStyle Face ;)

schmu_20mol
03-25-2002, 10:46 PM
just my 2nd try in such stuff ;) ...c&c's highly appreciated ;)
...had some loss in quality while converting it into jpeg and gettin it small enough to post it ;)

puddlefish
04-03-2002, 01:07 AM
Manga characters' eyes are generally substantially bigger. It may be of use to get some examples and carefully look at how the proportions of different parts of the face relate to each other. You'll probably be surprised at how outlandish they really are under scrutiny.

Eyes bigger, nose smaller and shorter, chins are usually quite big, but jaw bones start much higher.

gaetano125
04-05-2002, 04:31 AM
Not bad. I myself am an old hand at manga-style art, and unfortunately, I've kind of overspecialized myself in it... :( However, I can probably give you some good advice. The noses usually turn up near the end, and the eyes almost ALWAYS have big, white shinies in 'em. They should take up about a quarter to a third of the iris, depending on the mood and gender. Other than that, it's very nice.

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 04:36 AM
Nice...

What do you guys do? Scan in drawings and then alter them?

YES I'm very new to this digital stuff! :D

Vinsoviet
04-05-2002, 04:46 AM
I've been drawing pen and ink and pencil since I could hold one. But in the last 3 years photoshop has really become a part of my process.

Try this man: Do a black and white pen and ink drawing, scan it into Photoshop. Adjust the levels so the image is ACTUALLY black and white for real. Select the entire image and paste it into the layer mask for a new layer. Invert that mask. Back on your original layer you can color the image at will without disturbing the original ink. Lots of fun and pretty quick.

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 05:28 AM
Well I think I'll have to try some stuff and see if I can join the ranks of you guys...after all I did waste quite a bit of time pirating all those fancy 'could have been expensive' programs. :D

Vinsoviet
04-05-2002, 06:14 AM
Ha ha, you know it.

schmu_20mol
04-05-2002, 05:57 PM
thx for the crits...hope next pic will be better ;)....about the makin' of (hehe) ...jupp i sketched it (with a ball pen...yes now it's time to blame me;) ) and then scanned it...then simply coloured it in ps ....it's just about experience to gain...

Ivars
04-06-2002, 01:25 AM
I think you might find this very helpfull. Plenty of good guidlines and tutorials....
http://www.polykarbon.com

Good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.