PDA

View Full Version : Hairfx for max 9

watto
01-11-2007, 10:35 PM
when are they going to update hairfx t 9??
does anyone know??

thanx

Ls3D
01-12-2007, 05:05 AM
I may be uninformed but why would a third party create or update a hair system for Max when it ships with one?

-S

SoLiTuDe
01-12-2007, 05:53 AM
...a lot of people simply prefer a different way of working or some may even find that what comes with max isn't up to par... some prefer puppetshop or cat to character studio... what about using vray over mental ray? ...I'm sure hair systems are no different.

From what i remember ornatrix was/is way better than the hair that comes with max (renders a lot faster and looks a lot better), and i think they teamed up with hairfx a few years ago, but who knows... maybe this is what's taking so long?

According to: http://www.ddag.org/ it's coming soon, so you may want to email them or turbosquid to get a confirmed date on the max9 plugin release date

watto
01-12-2007, 03:39 PM
gr8 explanation

could not have been better

yuriythebest
01-13-2007, 02:18 PM
when are they going to update hairfx t 9??
does anyone know??

thanx

already updated. works perfectly:)

Frubes
01-13-2007, 07:45 PM
already updated. works perfectly:)

it works well but far from perfectly :D i have just done a 7 week project with fully animated character hair for a university project. The hair simulation was pretty intense and i can assure you there are many bugs. Having said that its a great improvement and far easier to work with since its updates. Lets just hope they iron out the bugs in the next service pack.

kilroy1960
01-14-2007, 01:14 PM
max 9 hair works better then ever before...........what bugs are you referring to??

kilroy

Frubes
01-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok so your happily plodding along and you go and test your hair in your scene with its default light and nothing else. It renders....... you then add a spot to the scene (using scanline) and set the properties as appropriate in the hair and fur render effects (add hair properties) it renders, you think great!..... you try to do the exact same thing in a similar situation and it doesnt work. Hair will intermitently render with its default internal light and when an outside source is added it computes the whole solution even passes the image buffer and the hair just doesnt appear????? any reasons for this, i have tried everything i can think off, 14 out of my 17 shots work fine and the others which are exactly the same just dont. Omnis still cause problems if set to ambient and you must ensure that the hair properties are removed from volume light and ambient omnis otherwise again... no hair. Its still buggy and very intermitent. Any solutions or suggestions i might not of thought of are truly welcome.

Mark

yuriythebest
01-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Ok so your happily plodding along and you go and test your hair in your scene with its default light and nothing else. It renders....... you then add a spot to the scene (using scanline) and set the properties as appropriate in the hair and fur render effects (add hair properties) it renders, you think great!..... you try to do the exact same thing in a similar situation and it doesnt work. Hair will intermitently render with its default internal light and when an outside source is added it computes the whole solution even passes the image buffer and the hair just doesnt appear????? any reasons for this, i have tried everything i can think off, 14 out of my 17 shots work fine and the others which are exactly the same just dont. Omnis still cause problems if set to ambient and you must ensure that the hair properties are removed from volume light and ambient omnis otherwise again... no hair. Its still buggy and very intermitent. Any solutions or suggestions i might not of thought of are truly welcome.

Mark

come to think of it that did happen to me once- I've set everything up, rendered, no hair. tried redoing everything the same way and it worked. I just assumed it was some mistake I made.

watto
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
wait a sec hair fx is an external plugin for hair and fur

im not talking about the built in hair in max

Frubes
01-15-2007, 08:08 PM
oops it appeared from your post you where on about the new release of max 9. anyway my comments still stand, it appears now you cant use a moving camera with hair in a scene as it wont render for some utterly absurd reason.

And sorry i dont know the answer to your question, sorry for kinda diverting your thread :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2007, 08:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.