PDA

View Full Version : wacom tablet

zsutton
01-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I am interested in buying a wacom tablet.

But i am curious as to exactly how it works..like is their a cursor on the screen so i can see where i am about to paint at? Or is it just hit and miss?

BlueFlare
01-12-2007, 02:12 AM
I am interested in buying a wacom tablet.

But i am curious as to exactly how it works..like is their a cursor on the screen so i can see where i am about to paint at?

Yes, there is a cursor on the screen, just the same cursor that you control with your mouse.
Depending on your settings, your tablet work area reflects your screen. For example the upper left corner on your tablet, is the upper left corner of your screen and it's the same with the other corners. You move the mouse cursor by moving the tablet pen on your tablet without actually touching it and the maximum height above the surface shouldn't exceed about half an inch. If you exceed that height, nothing happens and the cursor will stay in the same position, since the tablet can't register the pen movement.
Touching the surface of the tablet is the same as a left click. The pen has a button for a right click. There are several driver settings that can help you to create a better user experience, but this is basically how a tablet works.
Most people struggle in the beginning with a tablet, because instead of looking at your paper with a regular pencil/brush, you now have to use the screen to see the results. For some strange reason I never saw this as a problem, don't ask me why, still haven't figured that one out yet. :D

zsutton
01-12-2007, 04:00 PM
thank you that is the exact type of response that i wanted. you've been a great help

thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2007, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.