PDA

View Full Version : Vue Sync Help

mathlete
01-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the Sync procedure between either C4D or LW and Vue 6? Vue claims it has retrieved sync data successfully, but i see no evidence of that. I'm just attempting to import a simple camera move but nothing seems to work. Help!

kromekat
01-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I have only had Vue 6i for a few days, but I tried the Snc plugin yesterday - firstlyu it wouldn't open in Cinema 4D R10, so I tried it in R9.6. It said the same as for you, but gave no evidence or notice of exactly where it stored the data, and certainly when I returned to Vue, there was no automatic knowledge that there was data to be retrieved, despite the manuals claim.

So - no idea at the moment, but I would like to know as it could be really useful for creating comps between the apps.

Adam

IvanB
01-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi,

You have to export sync data in LW..go to vue, and under animation menu choose import sync data, locate file and it should work. Its a bit different to vue5..in 5 it was automatically updated. Now you have to save a file and load it.

In LW change the first frame to 0 in the render settings ( to match up with Vue ) and the last frame to the desired length before you sync..you will see an extra frame displayed in sync plugin "scene info" "frames:".

If you sync data as apposed to export, a file named VESync.dat will be created (defaults to content folder in LW) when importing data from animation tab, select this file....Both ways work fine.

nanopill
01-14-2007, 05:44 PM
I've got the same problem. But now it works perfect:
1. Open Cinema 4D
2. Open Vue.

Cinema:
3. Create a Camera
4. Animate the camera.
5. Open Rendersettings.
6. Edit "Output" Frame 0 to e.g. 100 frames
7. Open VueSync.
8. Select camera.

Vue:
9. Select main camera
10. Unmark this "Directors chair" within the main camera menu (at the object properties panel)

Cinema:
11. Push "syncronize" within VueSync in Cinema (the sync data path has to be e.g. /programs/eon-software/vue...)

Vue:
12. Accept data
13. Set "Motion" to "Syncronized" (at the object properties panel)
14. Select Syncronize with "Camera"

Works fine!

Yours, nano

Lex1968
02-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Nanopill,

That workaround of yours works fine, thanks. Although the camera focal length in Vue is strange... In C4D it is in this scene 35mm but in Vue it is more a closup zoom lens. See attached files. According to the Vue manual the focal length of the synced camera can not be modified in Vue. How do you manage this? You think it has something to do with the scaling or so...?

Cheers, Lex | www.studiolex.nl

ooo
02-14-2007, 12:53 PM
And for C4d R10 users we have to wait untill there is released a UB version of the Sync plugin from e-on.

Lex1968
02-14-2007, 02:16 PM
And for C4d R10 users we have to wait untill there is released a UB version of the Sync plugin from e-on.

For a moment or so I thought I had it... off course UB! So I installed it on my PPC, but came up with exact the same results. By FAR not as smooth and easy as it seems to go in the LW -Vue tuts of IvanB.

I've posted this issue on the e-on site. I am looking forward to hear what the support technicians come up with....

Lex1968
02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I've posted my question on the e-on website. Here's what the e-on software support technician responded:

Hi Lex,

Indeed, our mistake! Sorry for the inconvenience, the focal conversion was broken in the latest plugin version. We have fixed this at once. You will find a new version of the plugins on the updates page in a few hours at most. Thank you very much for having reported this.

Best regards.
John Canver

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.