PDA

View Full Version : portrait: Samuel L. Jackson

jeroentje
02-19-2003, 08:13 PM
I saw "Jacky Brown" again last night, what a great movie :)

This started as a speedpainting, as a head to use for the hairtutorial I did. That's why the resolution is not very high: this is the original size I painted it in (Corel Painter Classic), using a photo for a ref.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/superjeroentje/samjackson.jpg

dmcgrath
02-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Have you ever shown the people at Corel what you can do with their free "classic" version? I've seen so much good stuff come from you, that I am ashamed that I don't try harder.
I really enjoy the "warm" lighting and the overall look of the protrait. Sam himself would be happy to have that as a protrait piece.

jeroentje
02-19-2003, 09:06 PM
No, should I? :shrug:
Thanks for the comp :)

Ehm, I was watching Jacky Brown with my girl (who never saw JB before) last night and she yelled out: "**** that guy's ugly!" hahaha

Kirt
02-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Wow, that's really good for the resolution size. Whenever I work that small my images always turn out really muddy looking. Nice resemblance to Mr. Jackson. Instantly recongnizable! :thumbsup:

Pancreas
02-19-2003, 10:29 PM
wow! You work so small? The resemblance is amazing, and i like how you´ve used brown colors cuz its from Jacky Brown, very clever! :thumbsup:

jeroentje
02-19-2003, 10:34 PM
LOL he looks a bit scarier in JB as "Ordell Roby" with that zombie hair ;)

No Panky, working so small was a little mistake cause it started as a thing for an online tut. I usually work at about 1500x2000 pixels in Painter-C.

Meanjellybean13
02-20-2003, 05:06 AM
:applause: looks Good!

chrisdejoya
02-20-2003, 05:13 AM
there are moments when he slips into being Michael Jordan, but it is Samuel Jackson nonetheless! very nice!

It will be funny to see him in your paint tutorial :)

---edit: but i just read your tutorial. oh well, it would have been distracting anyway.

M.Rogne
02-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Great job with that one. Send it to him, I'm sure he'll like it :rolleyes:

lostfilez
02-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I agree w/ snowfly... there's something about it that gives the impression of Michael Jordan. Not sure what it is though, not having an image of the two on hand. Maybe the forehead? :shrug: Still, great job :thumbsup:

jimiyo
02-24-2003, 06:48 AM
Certainly has his likeness. Good stuff. He has bad skin though doesnt he? I dont know... Maybe just a image in my head from a movie... :thumbsup:

Mangled Poly
02-24-2003, 11:16 PM
totally awesome he is the best actor alive by far :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.