PDA

View Full Version : Will AM run under Linux using Wine?

Roger Eberhart
02-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Just curious, has anyone tried AM in Linux? WINE is supposed to support OGL, so I guess it would work. It sounds like WINE works the same way the OS X port will, it translates the win32 api.

Wegg
02-19-2003, 11:16 PM
There are people that have managed to get lightwave working with wine. But I haven't heard anything about AM. Try it and let us know. . .

Roger Eberhart
02-19-2003, 11:33 PM
Just did a search of the AM list. It sounds like the CD copy protection would be a problem for WINE. There is another flavor of WINE for running games called WineX that might work. Unfortunately it's not free. It costs a whopping $5 a month. Anyway, not sure how much I care. I saw a cool Linux distro called Lycoris this morning and thought, boy, that would be cool if I could run AM on it. Hmmm.....

Wegg
02-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Linux makes for great servers. Unlimited users all hooked up through samba. Can't beat that. XP Pro caps out at 10 users at a time. . . and if you want more. . . you have to pay.

I like free. . .

manfriday
02-20-2003, 12:20 AM
heh. animation master barely runs under windows!

RKanyama
02-23-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by manfriday
heh. animation master barely runs under windows!

Heheheeheh, That's funny! :p

Natess44
02-23-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Roger Eberhart
Just did a search of the AM list. It sounds like the CD copy protection would be a problem for WINE. There is another flavor of WINE for running games called WineX that might work. Unfortunately it's not free. It costs a whopping $5 a month. Anyway, not sure how much I care. I saw a cool Linux distro called Lycoris this morning and thought, boy, that would be cool if I could run AM on it. Hmmm.....
Wel there are ways around that but...I don't think hash would approve :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.