PDA

View Full Version : Walk Cycle

dude5487
01-11-2007, 05:26 AM
This is my first attempt at a walk cycle. I had a prior post but because I have no replies yet I edited the original. As for now here are the links for the front and side view of the playblast in .avi format.

All comments welcome Smile

Thanks!

www.josh-lynch.com/Walk_Final.avi (http://www.josh-lynch.com/Walk_Final.avi)

www.josh-lynch.com/Walk_Side_Final.avi (http://www.josh-lynch.com/Walk_Side_Final.avi)

Generalvivi
01-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I like it . looks very good :)

Kickflipkid687
01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
It's pretty good, but only a few things I notice. The feet, especially the left one seems to pop up kind of quick after it comes off the ground. The legs also seem to almost hyper extend at parts, where they get straight. They should always have some sort of bend in them, unless he was like doing some stretching exercise. But otherwise, it looks really nice and fluid.

dude5487
01-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Kickflipkid687 - I just watched my cycle from the side and I see what you are saying about the leg being straight out at times.

I will have an updated walk cycle very soon.

sporadic
01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
The back is very stiff. There should be some motion to the shoulders (more or less angled opposite the hips) from the front, and there should be some movement of the whole torso in the sides. The head needs some movement front back/up down as well. Think about the fact that he's relaxed, so his head is going to start to fall as the body falls (a frame or so behind), then get 'caught' as the body comes back up. Similarly on the hips.

There's some nice motions on the arms and legs, though I'd probably take another look at hte hands. The forward arc is very straight. I'd have the arm start forward and have the hands angled in the first part of the forward arc.

Of course, it depends on the characterization. I'm assuming a relaxed kind of stroll, judging by the head and general posture.

Still, good start! Hope it goes well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.