PDA

View Full Version : Topology Help For My Reel

kriscabrera
01-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Hey guys i am in need of help for my demo reel i am working on. I am not a character modeler i am a visual effects major but i was given an assignment in class to learn Z-Brush so i downloaded a base mesh of a head nothing fancy, i then took it into z_brush and modeled it into an old man, but i never laid out uvs, because i never leanred how to lay out uvs for characters, i am having some trouble with the topology of the mesh so i was wondering if anyone would like to volenteer in helping me out to fix my model and lay out my uvs. I want get some normal maps made from the high mesh but i think the mormal maps arent looking good because of the topology and because i have no uvs. I am just looking to get a basic spin around of the model in 3dsMax8 to show the detail of the finished model pores etc, i would really appreciate you guys help.
i will give you credits in my demo reel for helping me out
if you would consider helping me please email me and i will send you the file
thank you

Lanceefx@hotmail.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/Lanceefx@hotmail.com)

Beanmaster
01-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi, i think you could just use the AUV or GUV automatic uv-mapping of zbrush. You will find it under Tool->Texture then click on the AUV button. That should be fine for what you want.

kriscabrera
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM
ok i will try it but i got one question i would have to use the AUV in the lowest sub-d of the model correct?

diginime
01-12-2007, 06:27 AM
yes, you have to lower to the lowest and do the mapping. The best is lower the geometry to the lowest level, then export as an obj bk to max. then unwrap in max. then export again the character with UV in obj file. then import again in zbrush.then your model in zbrush should have uv. cheers.

kriscabrera
01-12-2007, 12:59 PM
ok see thats the problem though i have never unwrapped a character iin max so i would need some help if you would like to volenteer to unwrap it form me that would be great ? =)

Beanmaster
01-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi, i think for your project its not necessary to manually lay out the UVs, try to use the AUV mapping and a 4kx4k map.

kriscabrera
01-12-2007, 07:09 PM
ok will do i will let you know how it comes out thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2007, 07:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.