PDA

View Full Version : hardware rendering for composition

ossosso
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone!
In my project I have to use Sprite Particles, so I need to make two render pass, one in Maya software and the other with hardware render, and blend all together inside After Effects.

All seems to work correctly, only the color of sprites seems to change.

In the image you can see sprites rendered using Hardware rendering (Into the attribute as "Alpha source" I've choosen "luminance" and I've also checked "geometry mask").

Once I import the sequence into After Effects and I put this layer upon the basegeometry Layer (the skull), the Sprites color changes.

In the image on the top I'm inside After Effects, and on the bottom is the original rendered from Maya files.

When I import the sequence into After Effects it asks me to choose (for the Alpha Channels) between "Straight - Unmatted" or "Premultiplied - Matted with Color".

If I choose the first (Straight - Unmatted) the particles color remains the same but they appear more transparent, if I choose the second (like you can see in the image) the opacity remains the same but the color change.

Anyone knows if I have to solve the problem inside Maya or inside After Effects?

Thank you very much!

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.