PDA

View Full Version : Need input.....

taurus
03-25-2002, 08:39 PM
Need some input on the texture on this one.... Feels like something is missing...

Thanks for all the tips!
I will do something about the breastplate. I do not now if I am going to change the face though... I like the effect with the pale face for some reason... Her knees have armor to now... That really did the thing on the leggs...

Just
03-26-2002, 01:25 AM
IMHO face is too white (too much contrast with rest of body). But except this models seem ok to me.

Cheers
Just

Shogun
03-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Yeah definately a little pale. Also I think the breastplate needs more detail. If its metal then that area would need to be moulded & there would probably be a seam somewhere, (I'm not seam obsessed honest..) possibly to accomodate movement.
Also the decal on the stomach might look better on the chest imo, which would help with that area. Its quite unusual to see a design on the stomach, usually it would be emblazoned on the chest to be worn with pride. Placing it lower down might psychologically equate to it being given lower esteem by placing it near the sexual organs - or maybe I'm reading too much into it & rambling.
Lastly I think the area around the hips is perhaps a little too dark. Its difficult to pick out detail.

Ma-Lull
04-11-2002, 04:29 PM
First of all i'd like to say I really like this realistic "modest" style
IMHO this character is excellent, as said before, i'd add some detail to the chest plate, maybe a vertical divider in the middle, in the style of the shoulder pads, and put the symbol on top of it, if at all.
But even as is, I really love it :thumbsup:

CAtkin
04-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Good model, like everyone has said, more attention to the breastplate - if i were doing it i'd really pick out the highlights and add a lot of detail, compared to the rest of the model it looks flat, like a canvas waiting to be drawn on

like Just said, the face seems too white to me too, it seems to be a little flat which is the main thing, maybe some of the shading needs to be deeper - but that's just my personal preference in textures

dtek8
04-11-2002, 07:43 PM
that’s looking niice:)

the thing that I notice is that she looks a bit knock kneed, and wouldn’t her knees be covered with some kind of armor like the elbows….

Cool stuff:thumbsup:

dtek

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.