PDA

View Full Version : My lighting won't work! How come?

GothTropic411
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Help!! I put a light in a scene and it won't light. I render, and in the render view it all comes out black. I've try ray tracing, high contrast rendering, unchecked Use Default Lighting, I've attempted light linking, material groups, and I still get nothing. But, when I open David Ying's tutorial Celivina, the lighting comes in the way it's supposed to.

Is there something I'm missing here? What settings do you use for the most basic lighting? I use an ATI card. Can this have an effect on it? Answers will be greatly appreciated!!

joit
01-09-2007, 06:24 PM
click in the viewport and hit 7 on your keyboard!

sturmkim
01-09-2007, 06:45 PM
select your light, 'CTR + a'(to bring up attribute editor) then check your light's intensity (default is 1)
and check fall off value (if you have falloff value is not 'none' _let say ' linear or quatro(?)_ bump up intensity over 1. (it depends on your scene scale)

GothTropic411
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
This is coming off as a really odd problem. I replaced Celivina in her file with a sphere, which lit. But then I made a new file and stuck a bunch of lights in it and rendered a picture, but again, nothing's showing up, although it's rendering in the viewport with Lights->Use All Lights. And then I checked my light linking and that seemed okay. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here because default rendering should be most simple to do.

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.