PDA

View Full Version : PS Adjustment Layer question

pedersen
01-09-2007, 01:40 PM
How do i apply an adjustment layer to one layer without affecting all other layers?

Cheers
P

roguenroll
01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
i think either put it below all those layers, or if not an option, if you put it in a folder. going on memory.

you could also mask the adjustment layer to effect only those pixels.

Damselfly
01-09-2007, 08:34 PM
You clip it to the layer that you want it to affect. If you're unsure how to do that, you click on the adjustment layer and use the keyboard shortcut CTRL - G, or for Mac, I assume it's CMD-G. That way, any adjustments you make to that layer will only affect the layer it is clipped to and not every other layer that is beneath it.

roguenroll
01-09-2007, 10:05 PM
why did i forget that.

adjustment top layer
layer

hover between, and hold alt, left click when icon changes.

pedersen
01-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Thank u all:thumbsup:

cheers
P

BlueFlare
01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
you click on the adjustment layer and use the keyboard shortcut CTRL - G.

Be aware people that this only works for older versions of Photoshop. In Photoshop CS2 and higher it's Alt+Ctrl+G (Option+command+G on the Mac), because Ctrl+G will create a Layer Group instead. ALT+CTRL+G in CS2 is a toggle shortcut, meaning that you can undo a clipped layer by using this same shortcut, whereas in earlier versions you had to add the Shift key: Shift+Ctrl+G.

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.