PDA

View Full Version : Is Foundation License Available through Download?

riyazgomes
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi...I interested in purchasing copies of foundation 6....however when I went to the store the only option there was to have the box shipped to me...is it possible to buy foundation licenses through download?

I have the demo of XSI 6 and did go to the license managers 'Get Licence'...but I cant figure out how to get a registration code.

bryann
01-09-2007, 08:34 PM
You have to order the licenses on Softimage.com. Once you have placed your order you will receive an email with the registration code(s) that will unlock your license(s). They will still ship a box but you'll receive the registration code via email.

riyazgomes
01-10-2007, 04:15 AM
thats sad..I plan to order 3 licences....but the shipping costs per box amounts to an additional 150USD....I guess theres no other way out.

Or else I could have the boxes shipped to a friend in the US....that works out to 20$ per box...Are you certain I will recieve the license by mail...and dont need the box?

bryann
01-10-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm pretty sure you can order it for download only. Might want to call them though. On Fnd there's nothing essential to ship like a dongle or anything. But I am positive that they will email you the registration code either way unless they've changed their policies. They did that when I originally bought Fnd 5.

When in doubt, call the source. :)

http://softimage.wiki.avid.com/index.php/Getting_your_XSI_6.0_License

New Foundation Customers

This includes customers who purchased Foundation 5.11 after October 15th, and who are therefore eligible for the free upgrade to XSI 6.0.

When you purchase Foundation, you receive a registration code (either in the box or, if you purchased by download, in an e-mail message).

When Setup finishes installing Foundation, it asks you for your softimage.com logon information (user name and password) and your registration code. Enter that information, click the big Activate button, and your license will be downloaded and activated.

billrobertson42
01-10-2007, 04:42 AM
That's not the way it worked when I ordered.

They sent a card in the mail the the registration number. It didn't come in the email, and they didn't send anything else.

CiaranM
01-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Maybe they would just send you the registration card, it would save them the cost of the boxes and manuals.

riyazgomes
01-10-2007, 05:19 AM
This is pretty confusing...I went through the Softimage Store...but didnt find any option to choose from to download by email....Its weird cause a lot of the the documentation mentions that you can download the license by mail.....I guess the only option left is to call Softimage.

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2007, 05:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.