PDA

View Full Version : Pflow and planting cards in the ground....

gringer
01-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Ok,

Here's what I've been trying to do. Use Pflow to plant a large number of 2D 'cards' on to a surface, which face the camera. I'm doing a forest.

I have a 'position object' and a 'shape facing' in the first event (there is only one event).

I have chosen the landscape as the emitter source in the position object, by surface. I have chosen the camera in the shape facing.

How on earth do I actually get a card or a rectangular shape on which to apply a tree texture with an opacity map? How do I change the size of said shape also?

scrimski
01-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Craete your rectangular shape( a plane) and use it in a Shape Instance(?) operator in PFlow. You need to add a Material operator too depending on the properties of your materila(static or animated). The size you change either by ..well changing the size of the instanced object or by using a Scale operator in PFlow

gringer
01-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for that, I had just figured it out and was coming back to say never mind :P

I guess I should have played a bit more before asking.

Cheers :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2007, 09:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.