PDA

View Full Version : UV Relax in XSI

Kel Solaar
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Is anyone coming from Maya having huge issues with XSI Relax UV? I'm having a lot of mess when i relax a head (especially in mouth, nose and ears area), the result is pretty unusable... I there an alternate relax script or plugin existing that can mimic the maya worldspace one?
Here is an example of what i mean : Top is Xsi, Bottom is Maya
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4606/uvcomparetr8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

oglu
01-09-2007, 06:29 AM
try the pelting tools from wings or blender...
blender has great pelting tools...

define the seams in xsi... and make the pelt in blender...
works finde...

CiaranM
01-09-2007, 07:02 AM
I've never made use of UV relax in XSI, sorry. But, you should know that there are a couple of pelt mapping plugins for XSI, which can be found pretty easily.

daniel77
01-09-2007, 07:52 AM
The relax tool in XSI simply suck. Everything else is fine but relax simply dosn't work for anything overlapping. Anyone know of a good relax script or something. My advise is to go with UNFOLD 3d, super

mr-doOo
01-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Pelt mapping also suck actually the best methods are lsmc and angle based unfold both are in blender and it s free

Kel Solaar
01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
yeah pelt mapping and smoothing/averaging uv coordinates by a relax UV are not the same. Plus of that you cannot dictate how your uv island border will be with pelt, a thing thats possible with UV Relax in max/maya when you anchor boundaries.
Edit: And like daniel if someone can found a good relax script i'm pretty interested :)

hyenaman
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM
try the pelting tools from wings or blender...
blender has great pelting tools...

define the seams in xsi... and make the pelt in blender...
works finde...
Hi....i totally second that.
blender is by far the most easiest uv mapping tool i have used....it's almost too easy to get a good layout.
...but...how do u transfer seams defenitions to blender?????would love to be able to transfer defined seems from blender back to xsi and then back again...

thanks in advance.

Gwot
01-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I've been using this one for all my UV needs lately:
UVLayout (http://www.uvlayout.com/)

If you click on the link to 'Try' there should be some videos at the bottom of that page to use as tutorials, or to just check out how it works.

Gene Williams
01-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Must second that....Headus UVLayout is by far the easiest and most comprehensive UV
tool I have come across and it keeps getting better with very frequent updates.

Gene

bryann
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
And I'll third UVLayout. Fantastic tool.

Kel Solaar
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Yup Agree, UVLayout is certainly the best unfolding program arround (using it all the time), but there are some regions that can be tricky for him, especially eyes/ears/mouth. These regions can be easily cleaned by a relax in maya. In fact when i unfold a head, its really quick in maya/uvlayout : cylindrical in maya / unfolding the current cylindrical projection result in uvlayout/ Back to maya and relaxing (uniform and worldspace) areas where overlapps occurs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.