PDA

View Full Version : my first Painter work.

ds613
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
This is my first painter experience and I am looking for some critique. After watching a few Painter tutorials, I decided to take a stab at it. I am especially looking for some lighting and shading advice, however all critiques are welcome (Daz studio & Painter XI)

Mu
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
hi,

I like your rendering of the dragon skin in this image. It looks a bit like a cropped composition. Maybe enlarge the canvas a bit and have the complete dragons?

Anyway, I am actually just posting so you learn about the thread that might help you out best.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=359226

This is a thread with paintovers on demand by Steven Stahlberg(!) in the anatomy forum. If you let him try a paintover you will learn more about what is in that image than by anything I could say.
Make sure you read the first few posts and get a feel for the thread aim and, more specifically, the rules...

NinjaJedi26
01-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Looks kool =D!!! I like how the fire and ice glows and also NICE detail. The image seems a bit small as with the resolution of the image. and this is your first one *__*? Wow! I just received painter I really want to get into it too but i need some tutorials and training, do you know any good sites for tutorials?

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2007, 02:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.