PDA

View Full Version : Vue and Maya integration

tslesicki
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi,
I am currently working on some project including highly realistic enviorments (Vue5 Esprit) and animated charakters (Maya). All of the character animation is done, so all I have to do is to set them up in te scenes, add some lights, camera movements and render the stuff. But here the problem appears - how can I add Maya animated characters to Vue?

DharmaTurtle
01-25-2007, 02:08 AM
As far as I know, you can't add Maya characters to any version of Vue. You can only export Vue files to Maya. Besides, if you've already animated your characters, then you probably wouldn't want them to be rendered with Vue's engine. I have no idea how to export Vue5 to Maya, though. Sorry.

I thought that you needed the xStream version of Vue (5 or 6) in order to transfer meshes over to another 3d rendering program. Now that I think about it though, that makes no sense... there's probably a way but I don't know of it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2007, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.