PDA

View Full Version : Creating TGA Alpha in Photoshop CS?

Moogy
01-07-2007, 07:59 PM
I have a PSD of a big beautiful logo that I need to save as a TGA with proper Alpha. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any automated way to do this. The best I can do is either use masking (which is crappy) or manually create the Alpha channel and paste the RGB into the Alpha, but the problem is that this results in a bad Alpha since it's color based and not layer to transparency base.

Is there ANY way to easily create an accurate Alpha channel in a TGA based on the "what you see" layers with transpaency of a native PSD?

Thanks!

Pinoy McGee
01-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Hey, congratulations.

You're the first to ask the alpha question this year.

Short answer: channels window

Long answer: use the forum's search feature

Good luck.

Moogy
01-08-2007, 05:13 AM
I know how to create an Alpha channel, what I don't know is how to do a direct translation of the image with the layer adjustments to the Alpha channel without using a paste from RGB...

How do I get a direct translation from the RGB channels combined with transparent display to the Alpha channel?

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2007, 05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.