PDA

View Full Version : Fill in Color

Michael5188
01-07-2007, 04:26 AM
I have a quick question. I have drawn out the lines for the a character and wish to fill in color. I was thinking a good method would be magic wand select the areas inside the lines and fill in with color, but the line fades around the edges. The brush I'm using has a hard edge, so why does it have these faded edges. Now when I try to fill in color it doesn't look right. Is there another method to filling in the color, or another way to keep the lines a solid saturation to the edge?

**Sorry, double post, feel free to delete mods**

roguenroll
01-07-2007, 06:39 AM
if its a selection, there probably a feather on it.

Cocefi
01-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Unless the line was drawn with the Pencil tool, there'll be slight anti-aliasing/feathering around the line edges when you use the Brush tool.

You can try setting the Tolerance value for the Fill tool higher to fix up the gaps.

Hope that helps.

Skjoldbroder
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
You can set the fill tool to 'use all layers', and enable antialiasing + tolerance. If you set the tolerance high enough, you can get a nice fill without holes in it (a value of 100 seems to work). Just keep the outlines on one layer, and the colour on another, below it.

(effectively, it's almost the same as using magic wand to select, and then filling the area - you're just skipping a step or two)

Michael5188
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. Using the fill tool on a different layer worked out well, thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.