PDA

View Full Version : Saslite Limits?

Fasty
02-19-2003, 12:07 AM
I'm doing some tests with Saslite, but I seem to be running into a problem with long hair guides.
Here's an image...
http://www.stu-art.net.au/temp/saslite.jpg

Is there a point/poly limit on saslite, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?
Here are my settings...

Coarsness: 40%
Frizz 3%
Clump Size 10%
Lock Width 20%
Density Level 25%

can anyone help?

Edit: I suppose I should mention that the problem is that the hair isn't following the guides right down to the bottom.

Celshader
02-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Make sure those two-point polygon chains are continuous.

Also make sure the surface name that Saslite is looking for continues all the way down each of the hair guides. Saslite only needs a different surface name for the polygon connected to the base of the hair guide -- all of the remaining polygons on each hair guide should have the same surface name.

Fasty
02-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Thanks Celshader, I thought that might be the problem too, but it ended up being something else.

http://www.stu-art.net.au/temp/saslite2.jpg

Here I turned a guide into a spline, then used Curves2Lines plugin to make a lower density poly guide. As you can see the problem must have been that the hair thickness shrinks by the amount of polys it passes in the guide. In the higher density guides it shrinks to nothing too early. This is my guess anyway.

ddaniels
02-19-2003, 05:34 AM
saslite does have a point limit dont remeber what it was but it should give you a warning screen when it reaches the limit and inform you that you need to purchase the full version to accomplish your goal

Lakaveli_01
02-19-2003, 12:34 PM
hi - have you modelled the hair to real-life scale?

if not - rescale, I had a problem like that, the scale was my problem...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.