PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy cursor movement...

Elliotjnewman
02-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi guys. I am running Photoshop 7 in OSX and I am having a problem with the cursor freezing when I start to paint something. It happens with both the mouse and the pen, I go to press down the mouse button and drag the mouse to make a line but instead the cursor just freezes at the starting position , it then quickly creates a line to the point when I release the mouse button. I find it very difficult to stop this from happening, usually either pressing very gently with my wacom to start a line or click the mouse button twice before hand.

Anyone have the same difficulties???

Cheers.

singularity2006
02-19-2003, 02:36 AM
that's an issue of how many system resources u have available to run ur app. I would recommend either adding more RAM, increasing the size of your virtual RAM disk, or shutting off as many of your startup extensions as possible to free up resources. It happens very often on PC's I've worked with where there are insufficient system resources to run an application.

dg
02-19-2003, 04:23 AM
Havw you made all the updates for PS7 for MacOs?
They might solve a good part of your bugs!
Try to get the latest drivers for Intuos or Graphire also.

See Ya!:thumbsup:

Elliotjnewman
02-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Well I doubt its a problem with my system. I am running a G4 duel 1.25 with 512 mb ram - thats surely more than enough. I have just tried to download an opdate but it didnt work so I will try again...

Maven
02-19-2003, 01:43 PM
I would still agree with singularity2006...

Is PS the only app that is open?

singularity2006
02-19-2003, 07:09 PM
yah, system resources could still be sucked dry with even that much power. I've seen it happen... -.-"

What irritates me is how some software loads itself on startup after u install on a Mac...same w/ a PC but for the mac, it's less obvious because there is no system tray that is constantly showing u what's there... u'd actually have to click to see the finder menu and see what's loaded and for a lot of people i know, they're too lazy to check to see what's there. ^.~

dg
02-19-2003, 08:29 PM
How is set the double click feature of wacom tablet?

I always turn the double click off, less headache in a lot of app.

And if the Photoshop Update isn't working maybe you have a Beta version in your hands.

See Ya!

dg
02-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by singularity2006
What irritates me is how some software loads itself on startup after u install on a Mac...same w/ a PC but for the mac, it's less obvious because there is no system tray that is constantly showing u what's there...

Same for the PC, not everything that windows loads at the startup are in the system tray, some times you have to configure the msconfig to have a clean boot, or even the system.ini, boot.ini, services and so on.

See Ya!

Elliotjnewman
02-19-2003, 10:12 PM
It doesnt have anything to do with the double click on the wacom - I am experiencing the same problem with my mouse. I dont have anything else running either. When I run Pshop 5 the problem doesnt exists, it doesnt seem like a memory problem either.

singularity2006
02-20-2003, 01:09 AM
photoshop 5 and 7 are radically different in how they use system resources.... so seeing that the problem disappears on 5 makes sense.

Elliotjnewman
02-20-2003, 10:10 AM
So u guys are saying that a dual 1.25 G4 with 512 mb ram isnt enough to run photoshop 7???

Ive only just bought the machine!!!

Maven
02-20-2003, 12:38 PM
No. That IS enough to run PS...hell, I run it at home on less. I think we are tring to say that maybe your system resources are low and that maybe there are too many Startup Programs runing in the background.

Elliotjnewman
02-20-2003, 01:57 PM
I dont have anything running in the background - I have a fresh OSX running which has only got LW Maya and Pshop installed. I have allocated 60% of my ram to the program.

I may download the update to OSX.2.4 and chech that other Pshop upgrade page...

kraal
02-20-2003, 08:05 PM
same problem here so that is why i use painter more than photoshop........the nexest 0SX update gave me a lot of system problems so watch out

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.