PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue Test - Back to the Future

animatty
01-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey Everyone! I did a little personal animation test a little while back, and I thought I'd put it up here for some feedback.

Let me know what you think!

Dangthing.mov (http://aj-pers.blogspot.com/)

-Matt

(http://www.animationjunky.com)

Kickflipkid687
01-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I like the facial expressions, and some of the arm guestures, but him hopping around like that looks really wierd?

animatty
01-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I guess my goal for this animation was to experiment with a sort of, Fender from Robots, kinda movement. You know sorta spastic and over-exaggerated.

DripsBlack
01-08-2007, 12:50 AM
I'd say technically this is a good piece of animation. The arcs are nice and the motion is pushed. But I'd have to agree that it seems a little weird. There are two parts in particular:

First is the long hold after he says "means..?" That pose doesn't seem to fit to me because it looks cocky and arrogant, whereas the rest of the animation seems to show dissapointment and failure.

Second would be that little hop. It seems very excited...but not in a way that meshes with the monologue.

But again...the techniques are there...just nail the emotion.

Kickflipkid687
01-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Ya, I guess I see what you were going for. I mean the animation is really nice and fluid, but yes, that kind of snooty post at the begining is what throws it off. Pretty much exactly what he said.

DripsBlack
01-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry...wrong thread...

anthonymcgrath
01-09-2007, 03:47 PM
yep agree with whats been said - that pose after "do you know what this means?" - maybe make it less cocky toward the camera - something involving the arms less guarded (if that makes sense)

fantastic animation otherwise mate and you cant go wrong with owt from those movies - are you gonna do any other quotes from the film?

ONE POINT TWENNYONE JIGAWATTS??!!! hehehe :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2007, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.