PDA

View Full Version : Spline modeling tut

fourd
02-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Well, I have numerous reports from beginning modelers to intermediate modelers that my "Spline modeling a Rim" tutorial is good to go.:bounce:

So with that, I would like to invite you to Four_D's first lightwave tutorial:
Spline modeling a Rim (http://www.thebrycechronicles.com/four_d/tutorials/index.html)

Have fun, and if you run into problems or need an addional step, my contact info is at the end of the tut.

Remi
02-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Hey fourd...I had a look at it and I would say it's an anyone tutorial...not just a beginner to intermediate tutorial....it's another style and I know people will like using it just to broaden their skills...way to go man....:thumbsup:

fourd
02-18-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks Remi... :wavey:

Kaiser_Sose
02-19-2003, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the tutorial

Can we use your tire for the intial profile in step 1

fourd
02-19-2003, 04:09 AM
Here's the tire tube I used, it's from a fatty tire I'm going to be using, You can stretch it down to whatever depth you want before creating your rim profile.

http://www.thebrycechronicles.com/four_d/tutorials/wheel/tire.zip

Sincerely,
Donald

AnimaLMotheR
02-19-2003, 05:17 AM
Checking it out now. :thumbsup:

Daymeare
02-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Cool tuts Fourd:applause:

Give us some more

wgreenlee1
02-19-2003, 03:21 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Five thumbs up!

fourd
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks.

My next tut will be a full version tut of creating a tire. I know there are a few floating around, but most of the one's I found are for 3D Max.

Lewis, I know has a it all covered in is car tut at lwg3d.org, but I didn't feel like wading thruogh 36pages of forum posts to find it. So I figured it out on my own from looking at different max tut's. Anyway, I had some requests to do a more in-depth tire tut, so since everyone seems to like the wheel tut, I'll move on to the tire tut.

Thanks people. I know I'm a newbie a lw, but I've gotten much knowledge from other lw community members and wanted to give back.

LW user's just kick ass. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.