PDA

View Full Version : Compositing usinf After Effects

koon69
02-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Just got After Effects. Standard not Pro. Any idea how to combine animations from Hash and another app like Max? If I create a animation in Hash then create background images in Max how is the best way to combine these two? I have heard of something like camera matchmoving? What about a plugin called Icarus? Just trying to figure out how I can use After Effects and Hash together for the best one two punch! Thanks!

Kevin Sanderson
02-18-2003, 11:59 PM
I have never done it, but I believe all you have to do is save your A:M animation as sequential Targa files (name000.tga) with alpha channels. You should be able to import your background and import your sequential Targa files. The Alpha channel will save your transparency.

You can also import your background image in A:M and animate against it. It will save time as much as the other, though you would have more flexibility with After Effects if you want to change the background later but still saving time.

That should do until someone with experience at it jumps in.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.