PDA

View Full Version : Black Areas appearing in render

Clondike7
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Im having a problem with my render. I have to make orthographic renders of my model and certain areas of the model show up as plain black, when its textured to be bright blue and has light hitting it straight on. Perspective renders come out perfect. I thought my scene might be too big so I tried shrinking the entire scene down and fiddled with the Far/Near Clip on the Ortho cams but that didn't do anything. The same thing happens with Maya Software, MR and MR+FG (though the FG pass renders well, when it starts the 2nd pass all the black areas come back).
This forums helps me out a lot, so thanks in advance.

TheNeverman
01-06-2007, 03:35 PM
could you post a pic? sounds like maybe a normals issue...

Clondike7
01-08-2007, 07:04 PM
sorry i took long in replying.
I checked the normals and everything was ok. But just out of sheer curiosity I checked the UV texture editor and the UVs are a total mess. I didnt texture this model and apparetly a retarded monkey's pet did the texturing. Now I got an entire day of fixing UVs ahead of me... woop di doo.

Thanks for the reply though, wouldn't have found the problem if u didnt tip me off.

TheNeverman
01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
hope that does the trick for yah then...
please let us know if it continues to create probs though...

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.