PDA

View Full Version : Skin_A_Reference

HADES
02-18-2003, 08:41 PM
l know we can skin reference l hope anyway.l skin a head in reference on a skeleton and when l try to update the head or remove it l got a weird message like the head is parented to something l know she s skin but why she didnt update.........and l try in smooth and rigid skin anyone cant help me...................

HADES
02-20-2003, 10:03 PM
anyone cant answer this question??.........

-dc-
02-21-2003, 12:25 AM
You have to skin the file you're referencing, not the reference itself. You can skin the reference, but if you don't save it out, then it will still be referencing the non-skinned head.

Regards,

Joe

HADES
02-21-2003, 02:26 PM
l know we can that about refenrencing Dc but what l m talking about isl skin reference and l can work on my texture file or uv and work on bllendshapes add some and delete some than like that l never touch my one with skeleton and like that l will never get some input l dont want and **** something on my squeeton because l delete some input and add some.
skinning ref give me opprtunity to delete hystory and keep a my mesh clean with no input l dont want bcause he is skin.
L hope lm clear

sp0rk3d
02-21-2003, 06:59 PM
whaht you are talking about is more like a script that you would make to setup your charachter.... could be as simple as copying your scrpt editor as you work..... but the "setup script" would allow you to do modeling changes... texture changes... joint repositions... etc... the script is just a way to "redo" the setup after you chaged what you wnated to....

as for referencing the skin into the skeleton file it just wont work... the skinCluster node keeps track of the vertex array numbers.... and there wieghting to your joints..... wha tthat means is any operation you do to change the vertex order or count will destroy All your weighting..... :( so i would stay away from referenceing the skin....

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.