PDA

View Full Version : How many of you painters use a graphire tablet??

Tad
01-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Ok I know this is a hardware question,
but I wanted to get opinions from hardcore painters.

Do any of you use a graphire tablet, as opposed to using an intuos one?

How do you feel about it? Is the 512pressure levels enough, or do you find
yourself wanting for th e 1024.

basically I can save alittle money and get the graphire with bluetooth,
or the intuos3 is a bit more, and is only usb.

any thoughts?
tia

Datameister
01-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Well, don't get caught up over the USB vs. BlueTooth thing. I swear, the USB cable on the Intuos3 has got to be nine feet long. The cable is so long that I can sit far enough away from my monitor to make details disappear and still use the tablet--and with contacts, I've got 20/20 vision. BlueTooth would make for one less cable in the mess, which would be nice...but it's not a big enough selling point for me. The fact of the matter is, the more pressure levels, the better. I've never used a Graphire, so I can't tell you this from experience, but I've heard enough anecdotes to make me glad I've got an Intuos.

Buy a small Intuos3. They're relatively cheap, especially if you're a student (K-12 or college) or an educator--an academic discount can save you a hundred bucks or so.

Xdreamer79
01-05-2007, 08:57 AM
As a beginner I can tell you that I love the intuos3 a lot more than the graphire3 I used. I would advice that you if you can try them in a local shop to see the difference :)

Animonster
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree with the comment above about the USB - it really isn't a problem. Also, I have used both Graphire and Intuos and I can say the difference is visible.

If you are serious about using this tablet, get the Intuos.

CodeNothing
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I use a CINTIQ.... I cant go back. :blush:

Datameister
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
You're a lucky bum. :D

Matellis
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
YEAH! not fair lol I am using this crappy E cubed works tablet that i bought for 70$ at future shop in Toronto!!! Adam want to switch for a week or 10 so you can feel my pain?!!?
come on! I know your thinking about it!

tedpainter
01-12-2007, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=Tad]Ok I know this is a hardware question,
but I wanted to get opinions from hardcore painters.

Do any of you use a graphire tablet, as opposed to using an intuos one?

How do you feel about it? Is the 512pressure levels enough, or do you find
yourself wanting for th e 1024.

I've read through the other posts and should state up front that I've only used the Graphire and no other. I'm on my second one at the moment. It's entirely possible that twice as much pressure sensitivity is better, but it probably isn't necessary. If you have the bucks, go for the best technology, but certainly you can use the Graphires to do painting. I work in a strictly painterly style and have no problem. Maybe I'd want to switch if I tried the other pads, but I've felt no compulsion to do so. If you would like to check my stuff--all done with a Wacom Graphire11 check here at <tedpainter.com>
Ted Johnson

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2007, 12:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.