PDA

View Full Version : Models with triangles

sonusunny
01-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I have downloaded some models from the net for rigging but some of them have triangles and no quads as if they were traingulated. Can anyone tell the purpose of this and why they have triangles? How to rig and skin such a model?

Regards,

Sonusunny

blurgh
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
well triangulation is generally done for models that are going to be used in the game.. Often the engine it self tri strips it, but sometimes not.

In terms of what difference it makes..... none that im aware of should be the same as a quads model...

-Darken

sonusunny
01-05-2007, 04:45 AM
well triangulation is generally done for models that are going to be used in the game.. Often the engine it self tri strips it, but sometimes not.

In terms of what difference it makes..... none that im aware of should be the same as a quads model...

-Darken

Thanks for reply Darken. I use Maya to rig and skin the model , how do i skin it when the model is triangulated? Is there any method to remove triangles so the model can be rigged and skinned?

Regards,

Sonusunny

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2007, 04:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.