PDA

View Full Version : transferring face data between motion builder files

SMAnimator
01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi
This on the face of it appears to be a relatively simply question, but I cannot find the solution. In fact I'm beginning to believe it's not possible.
If some could tell me if this is possible or not that'd be great! Also, I'm using Motion Builder 5.5. If this is possible in the latest version that would be very useful to know, as we may upgrade.

I want to be able to take the animation on some User Channels (actor face) I have in one .fbx file across to have another fbx file that has the same set up (character/actor face) and all the same user channels, so that the new file has animated User Channels (actor face).

There, pretty simple! :)

The user channels are driving face bones in my character. Sure, I could plot down to the bones and take that across to any fbx file, that works... but I want to take the User Channels (actor face) data across. I could also import into the file with the animated user channels, but I'd like full 2 way functionality with this before our project really gets going!

I've tried Story mode which refuses to have either character face or actor face as a track.. plus appending, importing....no joy.

We're using Motion Builder 5.5

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.