PDA

View Full Version : Debris penetrating through surface

rebolt
01-04-2007, 07:24 AM
I just developed a explosion test which have some problem with pf flow. The problem is when the explosion happens and the debris falls down onto surface some of them collide with the surface but few of them get penetrated through it. I am really confused like why its happening, i showed the animation to some people but they also can't figure out what's the problem is, i am posting the screen capture of the pf events of the explosion. Hope to get my problem solved.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1497/nodeparticlesbz7.gif

Thanks

byousif
01-04-2007, 05:23 PM
hi i think the problem lies with the speed operator on the debris stop event. either set it to zero or remove it. another might be the deflector setings, set the friction to a higher level.
Lastly check the collision01 operator and reinput the settings. make sure its stop.

i had a problem with a scene of mine like that too. post the scene here and id be glad to help. sometimes its just abit of tweaking.

byousif
01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
hi i think the problem lies with the speed operator on the debris stop event. either set it to zero or remove it. another might be the deflector setings, set the friction to a higher level.
Lastly check the collision01 operator and reinput the settings. make sure under collide its set to stop.

i had a problem with a scene of mine like that too. post the scene here and id be glad to help. sometimes its just abit of tweaking.

rebolt
01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Lastly check the collision01 operator and reinput the settings. make sure its stop.

Actually i already set 0 value on speed operator (Debris_stop) event to stop the debris rotating after coming inputs from debris_falling. I gave 50 value to friction and in the collision_01 event, I only set 3 times bounce after collision. Here's the link to the file: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=251320

Thanks

byousif
01-04-2007, 05:56 PM
from what you said usually setting the particles to bounce tends to let some of them escape through. bear with me while i look at the file. ill post the working one back to you.

rebolt
01-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks byousif may be what you are saying could be right. I think that's what hapenning with it,
But you can take a look and tell me. Thanks dude :)

hemkant
05-12-2007, 08:06 PM
try increasing integration steps and if the colliding ground is plane then use Simple planer deflector instead of Udeflector

sometimes collision test fails at low integration step..

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2007, 08:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.