PDA

View Full Version : Imported Objects remain Xed out....

websterandsonsstudio
01-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Have finally started to look at Vue6. I'm finding that when I import or load a purchased object it either remains X'ed out..does not show, but listed...or shows and wants to find each and every texture.

They work fine in Vue 5. In 5 if it needs to fine a texture, once one is found, all others are loaded..not the case with 6. I'm going to print out the entire manual tomorrow but was hoping that someone might tell me what I'm doing wrong...I'm assuming its a folder location thing???

Thanks for anyone who might have a few minutes.

BTW, Objects that are x'ed show as Do Not Render..in the drop down if I right click on the object listing..if that helps...but can't deselect.. and the view buttoms in the quick render window doesn't do anything either.

London224

IvanB
01-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Hey London,

Not sure about the X'd out stuff, but I have found when importing a Lightwave object, all the textures are missing and have to be assigned manualy, However if a UV texture was applied that transfers correctly in Vue...

I have also found that when I import an object without subdividing the mesh, nothing shows up in vue.

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2007, 06:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.