PDA

View Full Version : How can export (.obj) instantiated geometry??

MorBioS
01-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi all,

Now I'm work on modeling a castle and I would like to know if some can help with my question. I have many geometries instantiated and I can't export. XSI export only my main geometries and not all geometries on the scene including all instantiated geometries. Please, some have answer for that question??? I would like transform my instantiated geometries to editable geometries.

Thanks all

onikaze
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
There is an "Instance to Duplicate" script in the netview, under modeling, that will make duplicates of the master object with the TRS and parent of the instanced object.

One thing to take into acount is that the instace will still be there and you will have to delete manually. I didn't know this the first time I tried using it so I thought the script wasn't woking. It was an ectremly large scene so things were going slow and I wasn't seeing any instances dissappearing or changing into dupes in the explorer view.

hope this helps,

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.